How to Travel Beautifully
It used to be that international travel was seen as a romantic journey. Something classy and exclusive. Now it feels like a trial that one must get through in order for the real holiday to begin. We have not only lost the joy of international travel, but also the fine art of travelling with style.
I am always disappointed when I see my fellow travellers standing in line in sweatpants and sneakers with shabby falling apart bags and suitcases. Really people?!
I want to travel, the same way I live my life, beautifully. This means noticing and taking care of the little details. The things most people overlook or take no care in.
It is easy to stand out as a beautiful traveller with little extra effort.
Here is my list of ways you can ensure you are also travelling beautifully:
- Dress for comfort, but do so with style. This is not a workout class, so please leave your sportwear at home. Please do not wear leggings.
Instead, find some comfort and style with a maxi skirt or wide-legged pants. Paired perfectly with a beautiful top. Avoid the belts, as there is nothing beautiful about undressing in a security line.
- Comfortable and easy-to-slip-on shoes make travelling so much easier. A beautiful pair of slip-on flats will get you through the airport hustle and bustle while still looking calm and collected.
- Bring a comfortable wrap or pashmina for the plane. It can get really cold and you will be glad to be stylishly wrapped in comfort rather than in a scratchy airline blanket that you cannot be sure has been hygienically washed.
- Wear minimal jewellery; remember you will have to remove it multiple times for security scanning.
- Leave the beat-up well-travelled suitcases at home. These are only for backpackers and journalists. Instead, invest in some quality luggage, that reminds you of the joy of travel.
- Choosing the right handbag for travel is important. It should be a good size with pockets for your passport, tablet, phone and other essentials. Extra tip, keep it cleaned out. Nothing is worse than having to rummage through a messy bag to find your passport or sunglasses.
- Sunglasses are essential when travelling, no matter the weather. We all look a little blurry-eyed after a long-haul flight and sunglasses will give you a layer of privacy when confronted with the waiting crowd outside the arrival hall.
- While we are on the subject of red eyes, don’t forget eye drops. A couple of drops throughout the flight will help wonders for keeping your eyes fresh and avoiding the red-eye look on arrival. I recommend Visine Red Eye Hydrating Eye Drops
With these simple tips, you can bring back the joy of travel again. Happy holidays!